Quick rundown of a few things I've discovered.
- marscapone cupcakes with strawberry glaze- the best summer cupcake
- double chocolate cookies- I took them to a new teacher meeting at school and everyone instantly loved me
- pumpkin cheesecake- a new thanksgiving tradition
- pumpkin cheesecake praline pie- very fancy and my family still loved it
- Ina Garten's chocolate cake- I did a shoddy decorating job but I'll get around to doing it better next time
I'm leaving a lot out but I can't remember it all at once.
I was really looking forward to Halloween at school so I could make cookies and decorate them for my kids. I made over 100 since I teach all 5th grades which is about 70 students. Plus I wanted more for fellow teachers, friends, and family. It was a daunting task but it turned out okay. Making black royal icing was slightly tricky and I should have gone with the cocoa trick. The kids like them and thought I had went out and bought them.